Bubbles & Bites
Bubbles & Bites
A FINE DINING EXPERIENCE AT HOME!
It’s Spring! Everyone is looking for extra fresh seasonal food all locally sourced and by using the best quality ingredients you can make very simple and tasty dishes!
Venice can boast a vast quantity of varieties of fish available that you have the daily problem of narrowing down your choice!
Today, the sea bream had just arrived and so this determined my choice of recipe.
It will be paired with a Sauvignon Blanc from the Friuli-Venezia Giulia region. Blanc is polarising because it isn’t like other fruity wines, it’s savoury, making it a good choice for our sea bream tartare. Flavours range somewhere in between bell pepper and grass to kiwi and passion fruit. It is zesty too. Sauvignon Blanc from this region in amongst the top worldwide.
A good choice is ‘Duality’ 2015 DOC Friuli Colli Orientali by Specogna.
SEA-BREAM TARTARE served on a bed of tomato and basil emulsion
- One Sea Bream fish filleted
- Datterini tomato and basil emulsion
- Crudités of mixed vegetables
- Olive oil
- Thyme leaves
1)Slice sea bream into small cubes. Dress with a mild olive oil and some thyme leaves. Blend the tomatoes with the basil. Cut vegetables in ‘julienne’ slices.
2) Pour tomato and basil emulsion over bottom of dish. Cover with vegetable strips. With a spoon carefully place sea bream on top. Decorate with some thyme flowers.
3) This is perfectly balanced dish and so refreshing, yet delicate. It enhances the flavour of the dish so it is light, tasty and herb scented.